Business Analyst - Role Outline
Summary of Role (Location = Reigate)
My global client is a market leading organisation who provide the back-end policy administration system for this client, whose protection business spans all types of term product, critical illness and income protection. The individual will:
- Play a full role as Senior BA in a small on site with a team providing development and support for the client's agile environment.
- Identify business requirements, and support the translation of requirements through the project lifecycle stages of system design, development, testing, deployment and transition into 'live'. Produce scripting and documentation in support of testing.
- Provide user training (and supporting documentation)
- Analyse and manage issues reported by users.
- Liaise with developers and the client's business users in the definition and delivery of projects.
- Prior release testing experience is desireable
- Report to and liaise with the team leader responsible for current assignment.
Key Role Attributes
- Knowledge of the Life & Pension industry (preferably gained in the UK) is essential.
- Demonstrable skills in Business Analysis.
- Demonstrable good database skills in Oracle or MS SQL.
- A strong analytical aptitude and the ability to understand and manage complex concepts.
- A willingness to learn new skills and adapt to new technologies.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment, and able to both anticipate and react new trends in the insurance market.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Experience of working with various development approaches e.g. Waterfall, Agile etc.
- Experience gained from working on projects involving Straight Through Processing, Web Front Ends and any other digital platform projects in the UK Life and Pensions Sector.
- Educated to degree level or similar.
Working as a key business-facing member of a client support team, the role spans the full range of business analyst activity from analysis of business requirements, through estimation and testing, and working closely with developers, to ensure the on-time delivery of system releases to the client.
If this sounds like a role within your remit or your career ambitions, please get in touch now!
Ref: BBBH7675_1523267373 | Published: 09th Apr 2018