You will be reporting to a BI manager and you will be an experts in professional project management methodologies and the use of such approaches, in combination with the requisite interpersonal skills, to successfully deliver Business Intelligence (BI) projects in a complex and integrated application landscape. In summary, the individual will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of small and medium sized BI projects in accordance with customer expectations, quality commitments, delivery schedules, budgetary parameters and process frameworks.
- A recognised PM qualification in Prince 2, PMI, CPM is desirable
- Good knowledge of formal project management methodologies including a solid understanding of when and where both soft and hard skills are appropriate
- Appreciation understanding of data warehousing, data architecture, data modelling, modelling, master data management, ETL, OLAP, BI
- Expertise in understanding and communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Strong knowledge of MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Word required
- Significant technical expertise, ideally gained via the developer route, covering design, estimation, development and implementation.
- Significant experience of project delivery over (or including a significant component of) one or more of the following: enterprise data environments, management information, statutory reporting, analytics, , web based applications, document management and / or policy management
- Experience of managing small and medium sized projects
- Experience of the financial services sector, preferably general insurance