*BI Specialist - Contract - £391 per day - Local Authority - Central London - 5 Months*
- JOB PURPOSE:
Supporting the BI and Analytics System Manager this temporary role will help support the implementation of a new data warehouse across the organisation by bringing expert knowledge of data governance processes, technical design and advanced SSIS skills into the team.
- DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- To work with the Business Intelligence and Analytics System Manager to drive forward and enable the development and delivery of the system
- To keep up to date with best practise in business intelligence to drive forward the implementation of any necessary improvements.
- Help design effective and robust data governance procedures to ensure that the system can effectively be developed and maintained.
- Ensure that all information and data governance procedures and policies are followed and adhered to.
- To help design standards and documentation to enable the effective design and development of data sources and solutions
- To develop templates for test plans and the management of the execution of testing
- Support the implementation of the system to ensure that the initial setup meets the needs of the IA team.
- To ensure knowledge transfer to other IA Team members
- To design data sources and solutions both physically and logically
- To create, test, deploy and monitor ETL packages in SSIS and FME.
- To create and maintain relevant data structures within the data warehouse including a data mining and dimensional structure.
- To develop data quality procedures and reports
- Help create the data and solution dictionaries
- Develop advanced data matching rules and technologies
- Investigate and implement data management cloud based solutions
- Help develop a system monitoring framework with integration into SharePoint
- To create scripts to automate any processes needed in implementing the new system.
If interested, please get in contact asap on; email@example.com or 020 3405 3517