Insurtech is transforming the insurance industry with the newest technology to improve customer experience, simplify policy management, and increase the competition.
In this period of significant growth, a leading company in the London Insurance market aiming to be the number 1 organisation in the InsureTech space, is looking for a BI Technical Developer, who will design, build and test technical Data Management and Analytics solutions for customers.
You will be part of a technical team responsible for building solutions in an onshore and offshore model. You will design and build innovative solutions to improve our customer's use of data using a mix of technologies, whilst working across the lifecycle of the implementation and working closely with the stakeholders to bring your technical expertise to deliver robust technical solutions using market leading software. You will bring innovative ways of working to the team and will be expected to pick up new tools quickly and work on proof of concepts as required.
- Contribute and maintain client satisfaction on all projects
- Work on all phases of the project from inception and design to delivery into production
- Work effectively as part of a highly motivated team
- Work across multiple technologies and an appetite to cross train into new tools at short notice
- Work to tight deadlines and deliver quality innovative products
- Assist in the design and build of backend Data Warehouses and Data Marts and associated ETL and other data integration activities
- Work with Business Analysts and Project Managers to proactively identify potential issues to de-risk the progress of development
- Identify source system data and interpret business logic
- Design and build custom Data visualisation
- Bachelor's degree, MBA or other post-graduate degree is a plus
- Experience working in large (global) complex BI projects and teams.
- Strong technical, business and client relationship skills
- Proven ability to work in a high-pressure consulting led environment
- Self-starter who can operate independently or as part of a team
- Strong mix of business and technical acumen, with business process knowledge an advantage
- Proven ability to complete projects and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment
- Advanced listening skills and written and verbal communications
- Extensive experience interacting with business stakeholders
- Prior Insurance industry knowledge will be advantageous
- Strong experience with BI and reporting tools - BOBJ, Oracle, Qlik, SSRS/PowerBI
- Strong experience of Relational Data Warehousing (Kimball/Star Schema) Design and Build
- Working knowledge of working with RDBMS (SQL Server/Oracle)
- Knowledge of Enterprise ETL and other Data Integration/Blending/Wrangling tools
- Passion to build continued knowledge around new technologies and trends
- Experience with open source software platforms and languages a bonus (Linux, Java, Apache, Python, PH)
- Experience of working with non-relational data stores(OLAP, multi-dimensional, SSAS, HANA)
- Any big data experience is a bonus (Hadoop,HBASE, NoSQL, Spark)
The ideal candidate for this role will be a strong technologist that understands the fundamentals of Business Intelligence, Data Management and Analytics and can apply these to many different types of projects. The candidate should be able to work in a dynamic environment, interacting with both key business stakeholders, and will be able to work within a team. The Business Intelligence and Analytics practice covers a wide range of areas, including Data Integration, Data Warehousing, Enterprise reporting, Analytics point solutions, Data Quality, Master Data Management, Meta Data Management, and many other control areas required for ensuring that we get the right data to the right at the right time in the right format for our clients. The candidate will need to be open minded about the latest technologies and should strive to research the latest products and have a view of how they can fit into the team's strategic propositions.
It's an excellent time to join the industry during this time of exciting transformation, so if you are an experienced BI Developer looking for your next challenge then get in touch now!