Work as part of the Application Support team to address application incidents and minor enhancement requests through the provision of business analysis and support services for SBS Eclipse Underwriting and SBS Sequel Claims applications.
General Activities & Key Tasks:
- Provide second level support to resolve application incidents and minor enhancement requests within agreed service levels.
- Liaise with business users to manage support calls and enhancement requests.
- Provide analysis support to assist other team members in supporting and maintaining core business applications, interfaces and external services.
- Liaise with other IT teams to maintain and deploy applications, maintaining strong change management and versioning controls for all application changes.
- Analyse business application support calls and enhancement requests to fully understand and document the requirements.
- Design and build appropriate technical solutions to meet the business requirements.
- Ensure all solutions are fully tested and support independent testing, including User Acceptance Testing, as required.
- Manage non-production environments in line with IT standards and procedures and industry best practice to maintain data and application integrity.
- Participate in the formation and development of IT architectural standards.
- Ensure all solutions comply with IT architectural standards.
- Adhere to corporate and IT standards and processes at all times.
- Formally manage vendors/suppliers, as required, to ensure that the service provided by them is aligned with the business requirements and is delivered at least to the terms of the contractual agreement and service levels.
- Create data fixes to system databases using SQL Server.
- Create reports from system databases for users, using SQL, Reporting Services.
- Run application period end processes as required.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
Strong working knowledge of General and London Market Insurance business, including broking and underwriting agencies and insurers.
Strong knowledge and experience of the following applications/tools:
SBS Eclipse Underwriting
SBS Sequel Claims
MS SQL Server 2012
MS SQL Server Reporting Services
Strong analysis skills, with the ability to convert business requirements into practical solutions.
Excellent ability to multi-task on several complex areas and applications.
Good verbal and written communication skills at all levels.
Assertive and independent thinker with strong problem solving and analysis skills.
Ability to perform under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
Ability to work in a dynamic environment and react quickly and effectively to changing priorities.
Must present a neat professional appearance.
Must be team oriented.
Quick learner and extremely focused and determined to get the job done.
Must be proactive and willing to take responsibility.
Educated to at least degree standard.
Desirable Skills & Qualifications
Knowledge and experience of the following applications would be an advantage:
MS Dynamics CRM
ITIL understanding and accreditation.
Ref: BBBH7798_1524671687 | Published: 25th Apr 2018