Application support analyst with experience in software application support required. Someone who can bring their knowledge, enthusiasm and customer service focused approach to the Policy Administration Support Team. You should have strong SQL and Windows server knowledge and previous experience of supporting Policy, Claim or Document Management systems would be desirable. Technical system support is provided across a variety of Underwriting and Claims systems. Primarily in a Microsoft estate, both in-house developed and 3rd party solutions are supported.
Responsibilities will include support and maintenance of applications, investigating and resolving of incidents, supporting and implementing enhancements and ensuring processes and procedures are documented. You will work with other IT teams, projects and 3rd party vendors to deliver excellent service to Charles Taylor and its clients.
- Provide 2nd/3rd line technical SQL application support to users worldwide.
- Monitor system usage and performance, investigate and implement proactive support measures.
- Perform analysis of data issues, suggest and implement appropriate resolutions.
- Work closely with users to understand requirements for reporting and other small enhancements and provide appropriate solutions.
- Ensure that support activities and metrics are within defined SLAs and KPIs.
- Produce and maintain documentation of application environments, data-flows, and support processes.
- Provide support and expertise to projects and enhancements to ensure successful Service Transition into Production support
- Proven application support experience in a 2nd/3rd line role
- Experience of supporting applications built on SQL Server technology (2000/2005/2008/2012)
- Experience with Microsoft Windows 7, Server 2003/2008/2012, SQL 2008 onwards
- Previous experience supporting an Underwriting, Claims, Policy or Document Management system (Llyods Market) would be an advantage
- Working knowledge of industry best practices, ITIL (incident, problem, change, release)
- Strong customer service ethic, analytical and logical problem solving skills
- Clear communicator both written and verbal
- Ability to build relationships with clients, colleagues and vendors
- Demonstrates ownership and responsibility
The ideal candidate will have experience providing technical application support to both internal and external customers with excellent customer service skills and the ability to deliver high quality service.