- Support of the in house application/system and its modules to deliver business functionality, whilst adhering to business coding standards. Whilst most work will be support focused, there will be some involvement in development and provision of fixes or enhancements, as required.
- Maintain the integrity of systems or services within the remit by fully investigating all incidents and resolving them in a timely fashion. Ensuring all Incidents and Problems are accurately recorded and updated as per the Incident Management Matrix and SLA.
- Proactively highlight potential capacity, performance or operational issues and take preventative action where necessary.
- Advise business and/or technical solutions where possible, recommending the most appropriate and cost effective way forward.
- Assist with trend analysis, highlighting repeat issues and implementing solutions for permanent resolutions.
- Continually incorporate quality management, assurance, company security and best practices into all support areas to ensure services are delivered within agreed Business Requirements. Ensure proper implementation of changes in accordance with Change Management procedures.
- Maintain effective support processes for all software/systems across platforms.
- Provide technical support and advice to users. Liaise with other IT staff and/or with external providers as required to resolve complex hardware/software problems.
- Provision of support on a shift basis and out of hours support on a rota basis as and when required.
- Assist in the training of new team members.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Computer sciences degree or equivalent
- Ideally IMC, or other qualifications and courses demonstrating a comprehensive knowledge of the fund management business
- In depth understanding and experience of the fund management business process or Investment Management.
- The primary skills required are.
- Proven working experience in Java development
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Knowledge of JAVA IDEs such as IntelliJ or Eclipse
- Excellent working knowledge of the following technologies: Java, Databases (Sybase preferred), Middleware (Soap/Xml/Messaging/RESTful services)
Experience - Desirable
- Exposure to JBoss 5x, Weblogic Application Server, Hibernate, and SVN
- Support experience and knowledge of Crystal Reports
- Relational database development skills in Sybase 15.x
- Experience with Centura SQL Windows and Centura Report Builder
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Exposure to database query tools such as Aqua Data Studio or SQLAdvantage
Ref: BBBH6556_1502269613 | Published: 09th Aug 2017