An Application support analyst is required by a leading asset management company in the City. The application support analyst will be sitting in a new team that is a highly focussed technical and compact unit which owns, supports and develops the Digital Distribution products in the production environment for the organisation. User base is spread globally and applications managed by the team are on high availability demands with large focus on automation and use of best of class toolkits.
Overview of role
The successful candidate will have support skills aligned to Digital workspace as the individual should be able to work as part of a team as well as on their own with a solution finding/hands on nature able to resolve without supervision to investigate application configuration/setup problems and data issues. Where issues are with the software itself the candidate is will liaise with internal / external software development teams to ensure the correct update is built and rolled out to relevant points of interest.
Good communication skills are essential as the job involves interacting with third party suppliers, business stakeholders and training onsite/offshore team members. The team is currently supporting Digital web offerings hosted on CMS such as EpiServer and Sharepoint, used on a variety of sites on a daily basis.
The candidate should be able to interrogate, analyse and correct data in SQL Server databases. Candidate is required to identify, document and manage issues discovered in these applications not limiting to proposing and implementing solutions to problems as this post may involve leading on projects within the team.
Participation in on overnight & weekend on-call rota as well as be flexible for shift cover is required. Support cover for occasional weekend maintenance works on the infrastructure such as migration / patching / upgrades and other project work may be required.
- Understanding of SharePoint server architecture and deployment of custom/third party solutions such as Nintex. Essential SharePoint Infrastructure management - performance and configuration troubleshooting. Familiarity with site migration tools such as DocAve.
- Essential understanding of Webservers IIS7 and Apache. Further knowledge and experience of hosting and configurations applications and websites in Microsoft IIS is essential. Comfort with configuring of server roles such as web services and application Servers.
- Context related Scripting using PowerShell or other. Exposure to deployment automation techniques and tools such as Octopus. Some awareness of resource and capacity monitoring tools essential.
- Troubleshooting operating systems & server applications on Microsoft Windows 2008/2012 servers including high level administration. Implementing measures to ensure the Infrastructure is secure and reliable.
- Familiarity with HTML, XML & prior experience with working on any Web development tool.
- Reviewing performance thresholds & identifying continuous improvements. Understanding of Active Directory Integrated DNS, Management and administration of AD users, security groups & service accounts.
- Performing table updates, understanding security types and logons, general database management and querying data. Familiarity with database backup and restore procedures.
- The candidate for the role will have a solid background within bespoke application support and understand the importance of strong customer service.
- Furthermore, the candidate will be involved in the planning of new project roll outs for these software applications. This will include both small bespoke setups, through to enterprise scale roll outs using the latest virtual and cloud based environments.
- General understanding of C# and .Net based application setup along with basic network level troubleshooting skills. Basic understanding of Firewall and Proxies.
- An understanding of ITIL is essential with the ability to apply its principles to this role. Familiarity with ticketing systems such as Remedy or Service-Now essential.
- Prior experience of using workflow based applications desirable.
- Experience using Salesforce is advantageous
- Experience using Wiki/Confluence is advantageous
- Prior experience with Global support or 'Follow the Sun' model would be advantageous.
- Ability to pick up ad-hoc duties within the Department as requested
- Background from Financial services industry with Devops exposure desirable.
- Experience and knowledge of SharePoint 2013 would be an advantage.
- Some familiarity of Team Foundation Server