Infrastructure IT Services Assistant & Innovation Lead
The right candidate will be a pro-active individual with the right attitude to be a Service Owner and primary support for IT services. They will also have the ability to use their communication skills to build rapport with relevant stakeholders in the Insurance market. You will be encouraged to investigate the latest infrastructure technologies and analyse the potential benefits, risks and costs. This information can be used to develop and provide Proof-of Concepts to help improve the business.
Education, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Degree educated in Computer Science/Engineering or an IT related discipline
- Minimum of 1-3 years' experience in a line support role (infrastructure IT or infrastructure innovation management preferred
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- An understanding of insurance is desirable though not essential.
- High technical proficiency with in-depth knowledge of modern IT infrastructure technologies including networks, telephony, storage, servers, data centre, messaging, databases, desktops, mobility & user devices
- May hold professional technical qualifications such as MCP, MCSE, CCNA
- Strong knowledge of Exchange, SQL Server, IIS, Active Directory and other key Microsoft server technologies.