Hove, East Sussex
£75000.00 - £85000.00 per annum + Car , pension and Bonus
3 months ago
Enterprise Architect is required by a large Financial Services orgaisation based in Brighton to join the Enterprise Architecture team. Working within the firm's IT's Enterprise Architecture function to ensure application and infrastructure architecture is optimised to meet the needs of the division and provide thought leadership on the future direction of the firm's IT estate. You will also be managing a suite of applications.
- Utilise expert technical knowledge of application and infrastructure architecture and design techniques and tools to support the creation of robust solutions which enable the firm to achieve required business outcomes in line with architecture principles and standards.
- Actively participate and direct the conception and planning of the firm's strategic technology projects to ensure that initiatives are impacted and, where appropriate, conflict or issues are escalated to ensure that business and IT strategies are aligned.
- Make recommendations to senior management, ensuring that key risks and technical limitations are managed appropriately.
- Deliver effective communication to influence and maintain positive working relationships with all interested parties, including Divisional Directors and external suppliers.
- Maintain an accurate repository of all application and infrastructure architectures across the firm's management and operational platforms to support the evaluation, definition and design of new solutions.
- Understand major technology trends and recommend innovations that deliver business value.
- Conduct feasibility studies and perform technical due diligence, working closely with teams such as IT Security, Information Security, Solution Engineering and IT Operations.
- Comply with agreed methodologies, standards, policies and procedures to ensure strong governance and knowledge sharing. Provide feedback and ideas so that performance is continually improved.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with an ability to clearly define issues and make tough decisions in the face of ambiguity and incomplete information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully engage and influence senior stakeholders and a broad range of individuals across various disciplines. Track record of building effective relationships in complex environments.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail, with a demonstrated ability to work independently and manage competing priorities.
- Broad range of technical knowledge and skills, including user experience platforms, analytics software, application servers, mainframe, integration technologies and database platforms.
- Software design and development skills, and a good understanding of related tools and industry best practices.
- Good understanding of Cloud technologies, e.g. Azure or AWS, and proven IT infrastructure skills, e.g. operating systems, virtualisation, storage and networking.
- Strong IT security skills, e.g. OWASP.
- Good understanding of Enterprise Architecture frameworks, e.g. TOGAF, and tools, e.g. Mega.
- Experience of IT Governance processes and proven ability to work in agile and waterfall delivery modes.
Benefits - the view is that this role is suitable for agile working. This means they would consider a more flexible working arrangement, where your hours and work location are managed according to business, customer and personal needs. For this role, you would be based in Hove, but you could work in other offices or at home, as necessary, provided this meets business needs. Details of agile working will be discussed during the interview process