City of London, London
£400.00 - £450.00 per day
3 months ago
Insurance - Contract - Systems Tester - API Standards
The Role of the System Tester is to analyse and develop testing via programming for the functional validation of APIs, Services, Security Mechanisms, and UIs of the various TOM solutions.
The Developer in Test will work as part of the Data Integration (DI) Programme team and in strict alignment with the various TOM Test and Development teams.
* Minimum 2 years of programming in C#
* Minimum of 1 year programming in SpecFlow
* Minimum of 2 years of programming in APIs and their testing.
* Minimum of 2 years programming in any of NUnits, QUnits, or MS Test.
* Several years of experience working in the IT and Business Architecture domain
* Demonstrable experience of thinking strategically to envision, design and deliver architecture design
* Experience of developing for testing
* Experience over several software development lifecycles from inception to operational support
* Confidence in working in a programme environment where a "change" mind-set is of the essence
- Ability to Develop as a DevOps/SDET; required to analyse and develop code which will form an automated testing framework for Services and APIs.
- We have a complex environment of internal and external APIs, authentication gateways, and applications which require a centralised system to validate and proof effective working.
- Specific understanding of integration challenges and requirements
- Scripting, Prototyping, and utilising Azure Deployments
- Strong teamwork, communications and stakeholder management skills.
- Able to manage multiple stakeholder groups, sometimes with competing interests