£100000.00 - £120000.00 per annum + bonus and benefits
5 months ago
Strategy consultant required by a leading International Investment Management Organisation. As Project Manager for the Strategic Development department you will support various key strategic initiatives to further build out the global business. In your role, you will report to the Head of Strategic Development. In particular you will be involved in driving and supporting the full M&A lifecycle when acquiring Asset Managers to add to the firm's capability line-up.
You will work very closely with all teams within the Global Strategy department, as well as with various other functions. Through frequent interactions with senior management and various functions on highly important topics, you will gain deep knowledge across all aspects of the Asset Management business as well as across all geographies. The role is best suited for a self-motivated, impact driven individual looking for exposure to a broad range of initiatives and projects.
- Drive and support strategic projects and initiatives with a global, regional and/or functional scope as part of the firm's in-/organic growth agenda
- Analyze global trends in the asset management industry and derive, discuss and prepare recommendations for strategic positioning of the firm.
- Support and accompany inorganic growth/ acquisition projects along all relevant phases including ongoing tracking of industry merger activities, interactions with investment banks, initial target assessments, valuations, due diligence, negotiation and post-merger integration initiatives
- Develop business plans and strategic investment cases
- Develop and prepare senior management presentations and relevant decision proposals for the Global Executive Committee.
- Strong interest in financial markets and the asset management industry
- University degree in Economics or similar
- CFA preferred, but not required
- Several years of experience in a strategic consulting or investment banking environment
- Strong analytical skills, preferably experienced in modelling
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines delivering strong results
- Entrepreneurial mindset with strong willingness to take on responsibility
- Team player with good interpersonal, intercultural and organizational skills
- Strong project management acumen
- Creative and proactive problem-solving, creating tactical and long term strategic solutions
- Excellent presentation and communication skills; strong skills with Excel and Powerpoint
- Desire to 'roll up your sleeves'