£65000 - £75000.00 per annum + Perm Benefits
16 days ago
Our client is a brand that is globally admired and recognised and respected for its reputation as the world's specialist centre for insurance. They are known around the world for their integrity and will be a place where talented, diverse and socially responsible employees feel proud to work.
The role of the SQL DBA is based within our clients technical team. Reporting to the Data Workstream Project Manager, this role requires working as required as a project resource within technical Data projects team supporting databases and remediating day to day operational issues if and when required. The role also delivers specialist technical consultancy.
Must have knowledge and understanding of infrastructure practices, operations, standards, and
· Effective communication skills.
· Deep technical knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server technologies (Private and Public Cloud).
· Experience of Operating in a Private and Public cloud technical environment.
· Previous experience implementing and supporting Windows Server based solutions, e.g. Active Directory Forests, High-Availability multi-tier server deployments.
· Must have previous technical experience of Windows Server 2008,2008\R2, 2012, 2018
· Microsoft Office, System monitoring and reporting, TCP/IP, Veritas NetBackup and Dell Servers.
· Proven experience of networking and communications, routers, firewalling, DNS, DHCP.
· Experience of designing, implementing and supporting Virtualised environments e.g. VMware and Hyper-V
· Track record of designing, implementing and supporting NetApp shared storage (SAN\NAS) and
other Storage technologies.
· Proven track record in and technical knowledge of entire IT Infrastructure, both Private Cloud
and Public Cloud, including Networks, Hyper-V, vmWare, security and compute environments
· Experience of operating private and public cloud environments
· SQL Server 2005 - 2018 technologies.
· SCCM, SCSM, SCVMM, SCOM,