£70000.00 - £85000.00 per annum + Bonus and Pension
4 months ago
**Asset Management** **Site Reliability Engineer** **SRE** **Support**
Salary: £70,000- £80,000
My client are a leading Asset Management company looking to build out their Site Reliability team to support applications across multi geographic locations. This is a great opportunity to keep expanding knowledge within financial services and keep learning new technologies within a leading Asset Management firm. This role will offer extremely lucrative growth prospects whilst also being a great platform to learn in the short term.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to put your operational savvy-ness and engineering skills to work! On the job you'll be ensuring the "-ilities" (Availability, Reliability, Scalability, Usability; etc.) of private and public cloud platforms in both test and production environments. You'll respond to incidents, apply upgrades to the platform and leverage a strategic thinking mind-set to "automate all the things"(repetitive manual work is the worst!).
Additionally, you can anticipate working with real-time monitoring and diagnostic data, analyse trends, and plan for future infrastructure needs. As a caretaker of these systems you'll be collaborating and planning activities with our internal development teams to ensure that application service level objectives are met. As the name might suggest, a passion for reliability is a must!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures reliable operation of production and test environments.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots availability interruptions and other production issues.
- Plans and coordinates enterprise-wide infrastructure and reliability projects with other IT and client teams.
- Communicates with teams to keep them apprised of status and issues. Contacts vendors to resolve technical issues.
- Tests, installs, and migrates software, patches, upgrades, applications, and/or hardware.
- Develops technical standards. Tests and evaluates IT vendor products.
- Writes documentation, including project plans, installation procedures, and troubleshooting tips. Creates diagrams, including technical topology.
- Maintains, monitors, and tunes Production system and applications performance. Debugs source code and performance problems and/or provides debugging assistance to developers.
- Identifies opportunities to improve system and applications performance (e.g., automating manual system tasks).
- Trains and mentors staff. Resolves complex issues elevated from staff with less experience.
- Adds, updates, and closes IT Problem Management database records. Researches and resolves complex issues, and reviews related technology records to mitigate impact on assigned system.
- Reviews numerous IT knowledge repositories to update technical knowledge.
If you feel that you match most of the above then please apply and someone will be in touch within 48 hours of your application. Please ensure that the relevant points are included in your CV and are visible so you are not missed out during the screening process.