City of London, London
£675.00 - £725.00 per day
6 months ago
6 month initial
Details of the contract:
Role: Senior Project Manager
Rate: £675 - £725 per day (inside IR35)
Duration: 6 months initial (over 1 year programme)
Location: London (home working is considered)
Start date: ASAP
Programme: The project is working on the implementation of a cloud based product/solution across their client portfolio. They underwent a pilot last year and now are ready for the delivery which will run through a year and a half. Their sponsors have described the project to be quite complex and will entail the management of the end client as well as multiple external suppliers and engaging with the different areas of the business for example the internal compliance, legal teams etc. Currently, they have 3 major clients onboarding with this new technology/solution, so if you have experience of delivering complex cloud based solutions from a business perspective and managing potential blockers, that will be key.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage moderately complex or complex projects end-to-end to deliver business outcomes, ensuring that the project is completed on time, within budget, and to a high level of client satisfaction.
- Lead and be accountable for project governance and reporting.
- Manage engagement with key stakeholders including project sponsor, workstream leaders, delivery teams and third party suppliers, when applicable.
- Develop and maintain detailed, robust, high-quality risk plan and project plan including resources, scope, schedule, cost, assumptions, dependencies, etc., keeping plans updated through the project lifecycle.
- Understand the impact of scope changes and adjusts project plans and communicates accordingly.
- Explore and recommend solutions to the project requirements for projects where there is no identified precedent.
- Negotiate resource requirements with responsible management when faced with conflicts in priorities.
Experience and skills required:
- Extensive and recent Pensions & Savings, Investment or Wealth Management experience is a MUST
- Stakeholder Management - as the role is client facing, ability to deal with lots of different clients
- Governance - as this product goes across Wealth and Pensions & Savings area of the business
- At least 10 years' experience of complex and major project management in equivalent sized business environments
- Experience of project managing the delivery of cloud based solutions/platforms across clients
- Experience of integrating multiple complex platforms from multiple suppliers
- Experience of managing dependencies on internal functions and overcoming complex stakeholder management challenges to drive delivery, e.g. driving things forward when key business delivery team (Procurement, Legal, Compliance and IT) are 'blocking' delivery
- Excellent communication skills and able to liaise with all levels of stakeholders across the business and externally.
- Prince 2/MSP or equivalent qualification
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Fintech experience (desirable)
If this is you please send your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for a fast track review. Please also ensure to include where you have the relevant experience.