City of London, London
£50000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + Additional benefits
4 months ago
- We manage fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
- Job Duties
- Lead to the day-to-day development across one or more applications/features, taking into account prescribed standards and patterns.
- The initial focus will be on a feature of the global platform, with an eye towards developing solutions that can be leveraged throughout the organization.
- Use continuous delivery practices to increase speed of delivery.
- Own the creation of accurate estimates for planned work along and be accountable for validating and refining estimates against actuals.
- Ensure that Development is delivered within quality guidelines and that the team members being lead adhere to the guidelines.
- Be able to work without oversight and also to oversee others' work.
- Work with Business Analysts and the Product Owner to take requirements and break them down into Epics, Stories. Design and document solutions.
- Write and assign development sub-tasks to less experienced members of the team, monitoring progress against plan and estimates
- Ensure that developments are transitioned effectively into support teams, with consideration of support being given throughout the development lifecycle.
- Provide 3rd line support, as appropriate, leading the investigation of production issues and being proactive in preventing their repeat.
- Seek to both acquire and distribute knowledge and experience among team members; both in technical and business aspects.
- Conduct code review to peers and be able to provide
- Pair programme where appropriate to improve quality and to help mentor junior members
- Liaise with the Platform Team to evolve the CI/CD pipeline
- Skills Required
- Essential Knowledge & Skills
- Strong C#/.NET (4.6+, .NET core 2.0+)
- Testing Frameworks: NUnit,SpecFlow or similar
- Testing Methodologies: TDD/BDD
- NuGet / NPM
- Version Control; Git and/or SVN
- RESTful Services / Json
- Strong SQL and RDBMS knowledge (SQL Server/PostgreSQL)
Desired Knowledge and Skills
- Java (8+) / JEE (7+)
- Microservice patterns
- Understanding of Agile principles
- CI (using Jenkins)
- Design Patterns
- Confluence & Jira
- Jetbrains suite (Webstorm/Rider)
- VSCode and Visual Studio
- Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.