5 months ago
For a Nürnberg based client we are presently looking for a (Senior) Data Scientist (m/f).
As Data Scientists your tasks include building the analytic core of their data-driven products to support marketing decisions. We deliver innovative and prescriptive analytics on top of unique data sets - based on a state-of-the-art tech stack.
They develop their offerings with an agile mindset to create products that will make them the indispensable data and analytics partner for the durable goods and technology industries.
You will be joining a team of over 30 Scientist with very diverse backgrounds.
Your professional remit in detail includes the following tasks:
- Develop of end-to-end analytical approaches based on product concepts
- Plan, develop and implement machine learning models in proof-of-concepts and prototypes
- Manage and coordinate Projects including budget responsibilities
- Consult external and internal clients
- Present the clients Data Science capabilities in client-facing situations, conferences and workshops
You are distinguished through sound analytical skills, an ability to grasp new concepts and technologies quickly and a high degree of independence. Using your initiative, you creatively find solutions to complex new problems. You should also have:
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or related field with a quantitative focus, PhD welcome but not required
- 5+ years of professional experience in quantitative data analysis, data science or related areas
- Experience in and/or strong interest in analytics in the (digital) Marketing field (pricing/promotion optimization, product optimization, category management, Customer Lifetime Value modeling, sales forecasting, audience profiling etc.) would be a plus
- Strong modeling skills and statistics knowledge is essential (machine learning, deep learning, econometric modeling)
- Expert skills in Python or R
- Expert knowledge of the constantly evolving Data Science ecosystem and its frameworks
- Experience in working with relational and non-relational databases, including SQL
- Basic knowledge of cloud computing environments and tooling
- Expert skills in open data sourcing
- Knowledge of a BI tool would be a plus
- Excellent professional communication skills (English, written and oral), German would be a strong plus
- The ability to think beyond the numbers
- Ability to translate and clearly communicate sophisticated analytical information to none-expert stakeholders and clients
- Proven project management and client-facing skills
For consideration please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tom Fernandez-Buckley on 089 2109 3906. (Cover letter is not required)