I’m are seeking an experienced Senior Application Manager with a hybrid skill-set of power systems, electrical engineering, energy sector knowledge, and solid IT knowledge, specifically ITIL and ITSM process knowledge.
The Senior Application Manager will be responsible for overseeing the development, deployment, and management of mission-critical enterprise applications that support the energy sector.
The ideal candidate will have deep experience in working with software applications in the power systems and energy sector, and will be able to bridge processes and IT standards to deliver end-to-end system solutions.
- Manage the development and deployment of enterprise applications that support the power systems and energy sector, including project planning, resource allocation, and stakeholder communication.
- Bridge processes and IT standards to deliver end-to-end system solutions in the power systems and energy sector.
- Lead a team of hybrid IT experts with industry know-how in power systems and electrical engineering, paired with solid IT knowledge, to ensure the successful delivery of high-quality software applications.
- Collaborate with the Service team to liaise with TSOs (transition systems operators) and with Applications team to create solutions, and challenge vendors while implementing methodologies coming from the EU.
- Evaluate existing applications and identify areas for improvement, including performance, security, and usability in the power systems and energy sector.
- Ensure the security and integrity of all application data and infrastructure, including compliance with regulatory requirements in the power systems and energy sector.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors, partners, and customers in the power systems and energy sector to ensure the successful delivery of applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- At least 7 years of experience in application development, with a minimum of 3 years in a management role.
- Strong technical skills in application development, deployment, and management, with hybrid skill-set in power systems and energy sector knowledge, paired with solid IT knowledge, specifically ITIL, and ITSM process knowledge.
- Experience managing cross-functional teams and collaborating with stakeholders.
- Previous software application experience in either Manager / Analyst / Engineer / Specialist role.
- Some knowledge of the energy sector / power systems / electrical engineering.
- ITIL & ITSM framework knowledge.
- Some development knowledge in either Python, C/C++/C# / Java. Able to challenge software development vendors, however not programming themselves.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies and DevOps practices.
- Experience with cloud-based application development and deployment in the power systems and energy sector.
If you are an experienced Senior Application Manager looking for an exciting new opportunity, we want to hear from you. Please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration.
+49 89 54197377
Venquis is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.