£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
An exciting opportunity for an IT Project Manager has come up with a huge travel client. We are looking for IT Project Managers who has experience with delivering several enterprise systems.
A Project Manager with strong project management and communication skills and experience to coordinate and deliver projects within their IT division.
Responsible for managing the delivery of several Enterprise systems projects. This role will include day-to-day management of 3rd party suppliers, technical resources along with liaising with Operating Company Technical Leads.
The Project Manager will utilize the clients Project Management methodology (based on Prince2) using Project Online to successfully manage their projects.
The successful candidate will also be required to act as the PM lead for the corporate category, Enterprise Systems, and will be responsible for assisting the Group Head of Enterprise Systems in converting the IT strategy for the category into a roadmap and implementable plan, ensuring the projects within the portfolio are delivered to time, cost and quality constraints as agreed with the relevant Executive sponsors.
- Delivery of projects within the Enterprise Systems portfolio to predetermined time, cost and quality parameters agreed in advance with Project Sponsors and the Group Programme Office
- Act as the lead PM for the Enterprise Systems portfolio, when means you will be accountable for:
- Assisting the Group Head of Enterprise systems in converting the IT strategy for Enterprise Systems in to a roadmap and implementable plan, supported by a resource and capacity plan using Microsoft Project Online.
- Assisting with the recruitment process for temporary project manager resource required to deliver the portfolio.
- Act as the gatekeeper for all new project requests for the corporate category by managing the pipeline using Microsoft Project online
- Attend fortnightly PMO Round table review meetings to:
- Provide Portfolio Status Overview for the Corporate Category
- Present new projects that require authorisation by PMO
- Escalate red/amber status projects and agree mitigation plans
- Discuss resource requirements to support the portfolio
- Delivery of effective communications and strong stakeholder management, setting delivery expectations across senior business stakeholders / sponsors / suppliers
- Responsible for preparing project plans, supporting material, co-ordination and governance on a weekly basis.
- Project resource planning and ensure clear instructions and project timescales/milestones are constantly met
- Manage and oversee functional, technical teams and suppliers as per the aims and objectives set out by the business.
- PRINCE2 project management capabilities to produce quality documentation, status reporting to the Group Programme Office, adhering to internal guidelines and methodology
- Proactively seeking ways of continuously improving the PMO function within Group IT
- Proactively identifying, managing and mitigating project risks and issues
- Managing project budgets and providing reports on financial data on a period end basis
- Establishing and maintaining strong governance throughout project lifecycle