Up to £85000.00 per annum
11 days ago
IT Ops Security - London- Insurance £85,000 PA + Bonus
The role will be to coordinate the responsibilities of Security Analysts in monitoring, evaluation, and maintenance of systems. As well as implementing procedures to protect confidentiality whilst having the opportunity to lead an IT Security Team.
The successful candidate will also grow and manage the IT Security team whilst managing national security operations and being the security advisor and architect for our client's operations based in the U.K. and the Middle East.
The Lead IT Operations Security is responsible for accomplishing the following responsibilities and has substantial latitude for actions or decisions made with minimal review.
- Build and then manage an effective Security Operations Center (SOC) in the UK office.
- Responsible for the security event monitoring, management, and responses for our client.
- Responsible for support of common IT security program components for our client, TME and other specified subsidiaries/Business units
- Ensure the log delivery of security event data to SIEM from Enterprise IT assets.
- Provide effective maintenance and stability of the SIEM system in conjunction with the Global team.
- Perform the incident identification, assessment, communication, documentation, mitigation, and monitoring on all SIEM events. Escalate severe incidents to management and document incident metrics in order to identify trends.
- Create and monitor SOC processes for event monitoring and incident response. Ensure compliance with established service-level agreements (SLAs) and adhere to defined processes.
- Develop analyst run book with clear documentation. n acquiring junior level talent on the team. Measure the effectiveness of resources in executing defined processes under your supervision.
- Ensure that IT Security management knowledge base of self and team is current in order to effectively respond to incidents.
Initially the role would be split equally between the following (this is likely to change over time as the team grows):
- SOC support/response,
- security operations/maintenance
- security consultation/advice
Skills and Experience Specification:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field or the equivalent education and/or experience
- IT Security certification(s) preferred
- Ideally a minimum of six years of relevant and progressive professional experience in the IT Security field.
- Proficient in Incident Management and Response
- Significant experience with SIEM and security device management
- Significant experience in threat management
- Broad knowledge of OS, applications, databases, and middleware as it relates to security
- Possess and have ability to apply broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates, and technical developments related to applicable area of the Company's business to proactively respond to changing business environment
- Advanced proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office Package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Overtime hours may be required to fulfill job responsibilities
- Out of Hours support will be required in the event of major security incidents
- Will require travel outside normal work location as required. Locations include; Houston Texas, Europe, Egypt and Dubai as a minimum.
- Will require a valid passport