£100000.00 - £120000.00 per annum + bonus and benefits
20 days ago
Head of IT Change / Head of Technology project Portfolio is required by a large Investment House / Pnsions provider.
The role sits between a Business Change function and IT helping deliver by connecting the two.
The firm requires a dynamic and seasoned IT change professional to operate as the Head of Technology Portfolio. The role holder will play a pivotal part in transforming the company from a Pensions business to a Financial Services & Technology leader in the retirement's market globally. You will have an extensive transformational and programme delivery background and your track record in managing large scale, complex IT programmes in a highly available environment. You understand how to translate a visionary strategy into meaningful and current technology deliveries, and can work with the organisations Subject matter experts to turn their ideas into real solutions for their customers.
The sucessful candidate will have a deep understanding of IT organisational structures and can facilitate projects ensuring continued development across Architectural, Engineering and Service functions. Operating a portfolio structure is second nature to you, with knowledge of core governance and control functions that enable you to give effective direction to deliver, manage and monitor change. You know how to work at board level, provide the right level of input and challenge to achieve the desired outcome. As a manager of people, you build successful teams and manage demand and capacity effectively, along with planning development and growth within your own function.
Your role will have oversight of all technology change across the firm, and in doing so establish appropriate structures to engage customers, monitor development, drive supplier delivery, ensure product quality, enable ongoing operability and measure financial performance. This role will principally provide delivery management control across the in house and external IT projects, while also managing internal developments, and Operational deliveries. Traditional assessment, analysis, planning, coordination and governance models will be adopted along with more agile delivery techniques, to enable the strategic goals and objectives supporting the firm's growth ambitions to be met.
- Consult with business Directors to define and develop IT visions into outcomes whilst ensuring that appropriate challenge, innovation and energy is expended to achieve the right Strategic ambitions.
- Direct, manage and deliver complex portfolios of transformational IT change projects to time and budget with innovative solutions and appropriate controls
- Actively work with Stakeholders to identify IT opportunities, bringing them to life, promoting the ideas to gain senior executive buy in.
- Work with the Transformation organisation to shape the rolling strategic transformation portfolio such that the IT resource demand and capacity is maintained at an optimal level
- Constructively challenge the ways of working and thinking across IT, drive improved collaboration, standards and effective metrics / MI across all IT services.
- As applicable, engage third-parties to manage / deliver elements of the IT portfolio; ensure appropriate third-party on boarding and where applicable, operational capabilities are integrated into BAU
- Be a beacon for Agile delivery across IT and the Business; can articulate the benefits, can establish effective agile deliveries, and steers senior stakeholders the most appropriate delivery model.
- Provide IT standards & controls leadership across the Engineering organisation delivering capability to support the IT customers. Ensure resource demand across Engineering is effectively matched to availability.
- Deliver the IT organisational development programme, including recruitment strategies and applicable governance via the PMO
- Where required, attend and present materials to the relevant control boards, Strategy Committee and Divisional Exco.
- To take the lead in all matters with regard to the management of employees, ensuring that management discretion is used in a consistent manner and that the area follows the Group's policies and procedures including the Partnership Agreement to maximise business performance.
- Prince 2 Qualification / APM PQ / PMI
- PROSCI - desirable but not mandatory
- Agile and Scrum - desirable but not mandatory
- Proven track record of delivering large, complex, multi supplier IT projects
- Technology savvy with an aptitude to bridge the gap between business and IT to deliver pragmatic, cost effective solutions
- Track record of building effective relationships in complex environments
- Proven background in influencing senior stakeholders and developing outcomes that challenge their original thinking.
- Proven background in adapting to trends and openness to new ideas.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail, with a demonstrated ability to work independently, lead multiple projects, ruthlessly prioritise, and manage a high-volume of tasks, deadlines, requirements, and decisions
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with an ability to clearly define issues and make tough decisions in the face of ambiguity and incomplete information.