£70000 - £75000 per annum
17 days ago
Our client (an international FMCG company) is seeking a Group Head of Quality and Continuous improvement to oversee our growing multi-disciplinary team and support the development of the business. This person should have a good track record of Quality Control, Quality Assurance or Management and Continous Improvements. This position will play a key role in establishing, growing and maintaining the quality systems and processes for the whole organisation across multiple sites.This role will be part of the company management team, responsible for setting and reporting on key operational quality targets for the manufacture, testing and supply of our products. A hands-on approach is essential, and it is expected that the successful candidate will work with the QC/QA, Regulatory and Product development teams to lead on all Quality and Continuous Improvement requirements.
The Company has been growing at an exponential rate for the last four years and they are focused on producing a wide range of quality products whilst improving production processes. They have recently moved to a huge facility based in London and the business has an ambitious growth plan for the next three years. This is a unique opportunity to join a company in an exciting phase of growth
- Champion quality standards and legal compliance across multiple business functions working with the Senior Management Team.
- Implement coaching, training and information to enable the site teams to deliver their quality and safety role requirements to a competent level.
- Lead quality incident investigations to establish root cause and corrective and preventive actions
- Lead all site activities to prevent and control all non-conformances, internal or external through continuous improvement processes.
- Ensure Quality strategy and systems are embedded and maintained.
- Proactively identify, review and take ownership for improvement through zero loss.
- Oversee the verification and maintenance of process and quality control equipment.
- Lead 3rd party accreditation standards for all external and internal audits for the Site.
- Maintain good relations and keep contact with any regulatory bodies associated with the quality function.
- Improving lean manufacturing, production costings, waste control and improving overall equipment effectiveness
- You will lead and deliver operational improvement, working together with all departments to support operations
- Carry out investigations into all production and laboratory misses, and make recommendations for the identified corrective actions.
- Manage Product development and Stewardship functions
- You will strive to improve production, quality and service for internal and external stakeholders.
- You will demonstrate high levels of commercial, resilience and analytical skills.
- Develop key reports, data collection and interpretation of results. Conduct root cause and problem-solving activities as required
Experience & Qualifications:
- In depth knowledge and experience in Quality Assurance, Quality Management and Continuous Improvement- ideally in an FMCG, food or pharmaceutical environment
- Proven track record in managing quality behaviours and performance with both direct and indirect reports
- Strong working knowledge of Quality Management systems, tools and techniques
- Lead Auditor experience
- Professional certifications/qualifications in a Continuous improvement methodology.
- Hands on approach and ability to review processes, recommend improvements and execute with excellence
- Evidence of practical problem solving and strong analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of lean manufacturing/continuous improvement methodology and change management processes with equipment and personnel
- Strong time management and prioritization skillset imperative.