City of London, London
£475.00 - £525.00 per day
3 months ago
The role of the Grid (LIM) Technical specialist is based within the Compute and Unified Comms team. Reporting to the Compute and Unified Comms Manager, this role requires working as required as a project resource within technical infrastructure projects delivered from strategic and tactical portfolio of work and remediating day to day operational issues. The role also delivers specialist technical consultancy to projects and the Solvency II Capital Calculation Kernel team which are part of Lloyd's strategic and tactical portfolio of work.
What Will You Do?
- Develop and maintain a complete understanding of the HPC environments.
- Resolve infrastructure related technical issues with the risk model operation.
- Support hardware or infrastructure changes.
- Provide trouble-shooting and performance tuning of all compute and cloud environments.
- Assist in the design of new functionality for the risk model
- Provide performance analysis and service updates at operational reviews
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of current and emerging HPC technologies.
- Support the wider Cloud operations team in ensuring cores services are delivered consistently
- Identify areas for improvement via process improvement or automation
- Carry out infrastructure and cloud changes driven by change management.
- Technical lead and promotion of the Compute solutions within the environments (Private and Public Clouds).
- Ensuring appropriate capacity management is undertaken and utilised to efficiently manage infrastructure assets.
- Establishes key metrics and performance indicators to measure service levels.
- This is a highly technical role which will involve promotion of Private and Public Cloud and Compute infrastructure across IT.
What You'll Need
- System administration experience of Window-based systems in a financial environment including System Centre (VMM, SCCM, SCOM and Orchestrator).
- NetApp Storage experience
- Microsoft HPC 2016 installation and configuration
- GitHub installation and configuration
- Proven Azure and Office 365 experience and knowledge
- Proven experience of project life cycles and complex product installation, customisation and commissioning.
- Proven technical knowledge of entire IT Infrastructure, both On-Premise and Private/ Public Cloud, including Compute, Networks, Storage and Virtualisation (Hyper-V).
- Proven ability to deliver solutions to technical and business problems
- Proven high degree of initiative and learning to work with complex software products with minimal supervision.
- Building, deploying and managing virtual environments using automation and orchestration
- Lloyd's Market Insurance industry experience.
- Systems interfacing or data migration between systems with mapping tools or bespoke solutions
- Ability to work in team.
- Willingness to learn and work with new technology and ideas
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations.
- Applying expertise and technology.
- Adapting and responding to change.
- Creating and innovating.
- Entrepreneurial and creative thinking.
- Capacity to estimate, manage own work and keep within plan
- Ability to be flexible and adapt quickly to changing requirements
- Sound documentation and communication skills in a client facing environment
- Good communication skills and a willingness to share knowledge
- Ability to work with a number of stakeholders