Up to £50000.00 per annum
8 months ago
One of the largest independently managed global asset managers are on the hunt for an enthusiastic, hardworking and driven Desktop Engineer to drive overall improvement in the user experience of the desktop environment.
Initially for 6 months, this role will have a strong focus on improving the user experience by not only implementing fixes but also by continual improvement of the underling design and architecture of the desktop environment with the Desktop Engineer expected to contribute to Desktop Strategy.
This person needs to be enthusiastic, hardworking and driven. We are looking for a self-starter with the ability to use their own initiative with an entrepreneurial mindset. The ideal candidate needs to be analytical and willing to take ownership.
Key responsibilities (to include but not limited to):
- Identify and remediate issues on user devices as well as to make proactive changes to improve performance and reliability of the desktop environment.
- Set up performance metrics and monitoring tools to proactively analyse performance data from the desktop estate in order to identify issues,
- Create and execute remediation plans for identified issues
- Examine the current hardware and software stack and propose changes based on quantitative analysis of alternatives
- Work closely with the broader infrastructure team to ensure that the end-to-end infrastructure environment is optimised for user experience.
- look at mobile devices and remote access solutions through which users access resources.
- Contribute to Desktop Strategy
- Profile users to ensure that everyone has the right tools for the job
- Communicate and coordinate with vendors to implement fixes and improvement where necessary
- Liaise with the business to investigate issues and confirm resolution
Technical Knowledge and Experience
- 5+ years in a desktop engineering role
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Time management and prioritisation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain complex topics in easily understood, concise language
- Windows 10
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Active Directory/Azure AD
- Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Intune
This is a very well paying FTC in the Financial Services sector and a chance to work with some of the best tech on the market. If you would like to be considered for the role then please do not hesitate as competition is fierce.