City of London, London
£550 - £650 per day
about 1 year ago
We are looking for an Intersystems Caché / IRIS developer to join our clients data development team within the Engineering function to develop, implement and maintain solutions for our enterprise data distribution platform.
This is a senior developer role therfore extensive experience of the full software development project life cycle is required in additon to strong knowledge on database and data processing development.
- Estimate development effort for assigned tasks
- Work with Business Analysts to clarify requirements when necessary
- Contribute to technical design of platform solution
- Develop and maintain high-quality solutions
- Work with other developers in a collaborative manner both within and across different workstreams, projects and programmes
- Create comprehensive automated unit and integration tests for all developed code
- Work with Test Analysts to assist with QA and UAT testing of delivered solutions
- Help transition into production including providing adequate technical documentation for production support
- Provide third line support for delivered solutions
Essential skills / tools:
- Must have proven track record of developing with Caché Objects / SQL and have good understanding of object-oriented design principles.
- Must be expert level user of Caché Objectscript programming language.
- Strong SQL skills and experience of database performance tuning
- Automated Unit Testing
- XML / JSON and web services (Soap / REST).
Proven experience in development role, preferably with exposure to investment management or demonstrable business awareness from outside the sector.