Yorkshire and the Humber, England
Up to £45000.00 per annum
3 months ago
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an insurance company during a time of focused growth where you will have the remit to make a real difference. They are forward thinking and are constantly re-evaluating their data landscape, exploring new technologies and harnessing best of breed visualisation tools.
If you are looking for a role that can enable you to make a real difference in how we shape, use and gain insights from Data then this Business Analyst role is for you.
The primary focus for this role is to define and analyse Business Intelligence (BI) requirements needed to support business processes and decision making within the company. This role will have a mix of large change projects, small localised changes and a small element of BAU support.
What you'll be doing as a Business Analyst:
In addition to on-going enhancements to the existing platform, there are a number of key strategic projects that you may be engaged on, ranging from an organisation-wide Finance Transformation Programme, to the implementation of a new Policy Administration system, to the adoption of new technology in the business intelligence realm. Heavily involved in a key strategic data platform, this role will provide you with many opportunities to work with key stakeholders and shape the way we use data across the group.
This is an interesting and challenging role where you will have the opportunity to combine "soft" influencing, persuasion, leadership and consultancy skills with in-depth business understanding and technical skills, to turn high-level business requirements into detailed analysis. We are seeking a balanced analyst who is equally comfortable running requirements workshops with senior stakeholders, or delving into a database to understand the reasons behind a given reporting output.
- Experience working with business stakeholders to elicit and document business requirements
- An understanding of data warehousing, data modelling and experience writing SQL queries
- An inquisitive mindset and desire to understand both business requirements, and the data that underpins them
- Exposure to the financial services industry
- Insurance industry exposure
- Experience with the following toolsets: ERWin, Tableau, SQL Server
- Experience on both Waterfall and Agile projects
- End-to-end project lifecycle experience, from inception through to BAU