Job Title: Automated Test Engineer
Reports To: Project Manager
- Develop and execute automated test suites
- Experience with software testing tools, like Selenium, Cypress, Cucumber
- Integrate test suites into the test management system and custom test harnesses; and,
Perform other testing-related duties as required
- Lloyd’s Insurance experience is a must
Duties And Responsibilities
- Review requirements, specifications, user documentation, help files, and other project documentation to assure quality of the products and tests to be developed; i.e., perform manual static testing.
- Applying the latest techniques in test automation; e.g., data-driven testing.
- Use risk-driven techniques to develop, maintain, and execute automated test suites for various Software Cafeteria products; i.e., perform automated dynamic testing.
- Work with the Development team to capture and reuse automated Unit Test Cases, Test Stubs and Drivers, and other Development test objects.
- Participate in the Change Control Board to identify the quality implications of known bugs and the impact of proposed changes to product definition on the testing process.
- Work with the Release Engineering team to create and maintain an automated nightly build verification (“smoke”) test.
- Ensure proper version control and configuration management of all test objects developed and test environments used.
Results Tracking and Reporting:
- Research and document bug reports following agreed-upon processes immediately upon discovery of a quality problem.
- Update test execution status following agreed-upon processes as part of regularly-scheduled test status updates.
- Trace test cases and results back to specific quality risks.
- Assist the Project Manager in the creation of test project status reports and metrics (e.g., Test Dashboard).
Management and Supervisory:
- Provide the Project Manager with accurate and precise estimates for assigned task duration, along with confidence levels and foreseeable dependencies.
- Assist the project manager in preparing test plans, budgets, and schedules.
- Provide technical guidance to junior-level test engineers and/or test technicians assigned to assist the Test Automation Engineer.
Attitudes and Initiative:
- Develop and maintain good professional working relationships, especially within the test team and with those who interact regularly with the test team.
- Focus on the important testing and project priorities as agreed-upon with the test manager.
- Effectively balance curiosity about tests, test results, and bugs with project constraints on budget and schedule.
- Exhibit a demeanour of professional pessimism; i.e., in a pleasant and non-confrontational fashion work with determination to find, document, and advocate the repair of bugs.
- Show initiative in setting and meeting goals within an environment of managed change.
- Understand the role of testing within the software development life cycle and business-related project constraints, and effectively advocate for the best possible customer experience of product quality within those parameters.
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, age, national origin, sexual orientation, and we confirm that we are happy to accept applications from persons of any age or experience for this role.