Are you looking for a tactical product owner role in the business application landscape? Do you enjoy translating the needs of the business in future proof applications? Read on!
Navigating the Future
Working at Anthony Veder means operating at the heart of the transition to a more sustainable world. We are always looking for new ways to challenge the status quo, developing new technological and logistical solutions to help our clients reach their goals.
We work in a culture of trust, openness, and creativity. Always keeping an eye on the long term. This is how we became pioneers in the maritime industry.
The Business Application Analyst is situated within the Product Management team, which is part of the Digital Services department at Anthony Veder. Digitization is one of the three strategic pillars to achieve Anthony Veders ambition. This is done by identifying, selecting, implementing, adopting, and continuously improving the digital technology, which enables realizing AV’s growth.
The role of ICT Business Application Analyst is mainly executed at the AV Rotterdam head office. As Product Management owns and manages the Digital Product Portfolio within Anthony Veder. In a constant dialogue with Business Owners, Key Users and suppliers Product Management makes sure the business departments are enabled to realize their goals and products are developed toward the formulated product vision.
As an ICT Business Application Analyst, you own part of the business application landscape. You take ownership of assigned applications and ensure that the applications optimally fit the needs of our business. This means you are motivated to understand the needs of your colleagues, translate these into requirements, leverage the available functionality best as possible and create additional functionality where needed in close cooperation with the software suppliers. You grow the usage and maturity of the applications by driving the process with the different stakeholders.
You are a strong communicator and connector in this independent role, you have a high level of self-organization, take initiative, feel comfortable to think on a tactical level and act on an operational level. You are a good listener and know how to convince people. You are driven to maximize the value of the application landscape together with your colleagues.
What we offer
• A dynamic organization with an entrepreneurial character
• A competitive salary
• An employer-financed pension scheme
• 28 vacation days (full-time)
• Combining working from home and at our beautiful office in Rotterdam’s shipping district
• An informal and open culture
What we ask
• Minimum years of relevant experience: 3 years
• Bachelor / master’s degree in business or (information) technology. Or equivalent degree in a different area, with a very strong interest in business and or information technology.
• Have an excellent level of self-organization to plan ad-hoc and long-term projects in a timely matter.
• Understand the role of digital technology in creating business opportunities.
• Project Management experience.
• Knowledge of BiSL framework.
• SQL knowledge.
• Basic understanding of database management.
• Agile knowledge.
• Business Process Mapping (BPM) or other method to map processes.
• System design, development and implementation or at least have an interest in it.
• Language: Excellent verbal and written command of English written communication