Equality opportunities and diversity policy
Venquis is committed to valuing diversity and seeks to provide all staff with the opportunity for employment, career and personal development on the basis of ability, qualifications and suitability for the work as well as their potential to be developed into the job.
We believe that people from different backgrounds can bring fresh ideas, thinking and approaches which make the way work is undertaken more effective and efficient.
The Company will not tolerate direct or indirect discrimination against any person for any reason whatsoever but particularly on grounds of age, disability, gender / gender reassignment, marriage / civil partnership, pregnancy / maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation in the field of recruitment, terms and conditions of employment, career progression, training, transfer or dismissal.
It is also the responsibility of all staff in their daily actions, decisions and behaviour to endeavour to promote these concepts, to comply with all relevant legislation and to ensure that they do not discriminate against colleagues, clients, suppliers or any other person associated with the Company.
In adopting these principles Venquis:
- Will not tolerate acts that breach this policy and all such breaches or alleged breaches will be taken seriously, be fully investigated and may be subject to disciplinary action where appropriate.
- Fully recognises its legal obligations under all relevant legislation and codes of practice.
- Will ensure that all managers understand and maintain their responsibilities and those of their team under this policy.
- Will offer opportunities for flexible working patterns, wherever operationally feasible, to help employees to combine a career with their domestic responsibilities.
- Will provide equal opportunity to all who apply for positions through open competition.
- Will select candidates only on the basis of their ability to carry out the job, using a clear and open process.
- Will provide all employees with the training and development that they need to carry out their job effectively.
- Will provide all reasonable assistance to employees who are or who become disabled, making reasonable adjustments wherever possible to provide continued employment. We will ensure an appropriate risk assessment is carried out and that appropriate specialist advice is obtained when necessary.
- Will distribute this policy statement throughout the Company
Venquis CSR mission and purpose
'To be a leading socially responsible recruitment agency.'
We will do this by:
- improving lives through our microfinance charity partner Shivia
- protecting the environment
- encourage and support our colleagues to participate in charity events
- placing our customers and colleagues at the heart of our business.
Venquis CSR Triangle model
Our CSR measurement
Venquis has a formal framework and governance process for managing and reporting our wide-ranging CSR activities. Our strategy was shaped under three key areas; Community, Environment and Workplace. Each side of the triangle has a long term plan with assigned accountability and responsibility for delivery, together with the targets and milestones against which performance is monitored and reported. The targets within these plans become a part of individual performance contracts at appropriate senior management levels within the business.
- Continue to support our strategic partnership with Shivia and raise £10,000
- 95% of employees to provide minimum of 1 volunteering day
- Leadership team to visit and support Shivia project in India
- Ensure all employees received min 4 working days of training & development
- Conduct full H&S workplace review and workstation well being audit
- Reduce paper usage across organisation by 10%
- Increase recycling levels to 65%